Re: Programming Preferences Was RE: I feel like giving up on programming altogether!

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 12:32:29 -0500

Jim,

Not sure if you  are talking to me, but our accessibility fixes in
NetBeans apply for any language netbeans supports and you can download
these fixes straight from the NetBeans update center or from source
forge. The features that make the compiler and debugger omniscient and
talkative, however, are only supported for our custom language, Hop,
because the compiler work is incredibly complicated. Sodbeans, once
released, will only available from source forge.

Our tools are currently working with Sappy, NVDA, and JAWS on PC (with
or without the java access bridge installed), for windows XP, Vista,
and 7, 32 and 64 bit. We also support Mac OS X 10.6.4 (the very latest
version only) in a limited fashion. It works fine on Mac, but there
are some compatibility issues with Voice over that we won't have fixed
until the Sodbeans 1.5 release, we think. Also, it's relatively easy
to add new screen readers, so folks that want to add <insert your
favorite screen reader here> support into Sodbeans are welcome to do
so.

Stefik