Re: Programming Preferences Was RE: I feel like giving up on programming altogether!

  • From: Andreas Stefik <stefika@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jul 2010 10:38:33 -0500

Joseph,

Yes, that part of the language was based on python, as we really
couldn't think of any way to make it simpler. I mean, at the end of
the day, you can't get easier than just print!

You can also say

say "Hello, World"

which patches through to the screen reader

and input("What do you want to get")

which pulls up an accessible window that coordinates with the screen
reader and returns text

Our first release of Sodbeans, version 1.0, is (scarily), a week from tomorrow.

Stefik