Re: Neural Network Programming Overview Question

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 04:51:11 -0400

Hi Pranav: The question at this point is whether I can even build a NN. I like one piece of software that is used by The Legend Group and Standard And Poors but it costs $1300 for the complete version which is too expensive for my own use. I doubt I will be able to build anything that works remotely as well as that but even a little expert system that gives me good results would be fine for what I need which is Asset Allocation and risk weighted stock picks for an individual market like the U.S. market or Indian or other markets one at a time.Anyway, just getting started I have the problem of reading the first program from a website. The bloody example code appears to be screen shots so I have to get a friend to read them to me so I can type them in - sigh. This is more of a hobby for now. I'm not at all sure I will be able to build anything useful but I can guerentee I can't build anything if I do not try. Rick USA