Neural Network Programming Overview Question

  • From: "Ricks Place" <OFBGMail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 14:53:22 -0400

Hi Guys:
See if this sounds right:
A neural network may be any of several types.(models)  MLP
FeedForward, BiDirectional models and many other Dynamic
variations. Inputs can be Filtered, weighted and tuned using
Back-Propagation, Genetics, Fuzzy Logic and Chaos Methods which
seem to be the ones best suited to Stock Market and Asset
Allocation based on Technicals and fundementals. LISP is the
programming language of choice for most programmers in the AI
field but is not supported in Visual Studio. If I hand code I
would have to code all of the models of a given network if I
wanted to evaluate each model's effectivness in prediction of
optimum Asset Allocation or Market Timing. There may, or not, be
modules, dlls? out there for Back-Propagation, Genetics and Fuzzy
Logic I could use in a home grown LISP application. There might be
some LISP based development environments for developing Neural
Networks available with embedded heavy math functions already set
up to apply against inputs for a LISP application.
Otherwise I would have to design and code them.
Do I have a generalized overview of the situation?
I am trying to decide on developing in LISP using just a LISP
environment, a specialized environment, a plug in for developing
NNs in Visual Studio, a Stand Alone system like NeuroShell or
something else like just subscribing to a service for investing
using the NeuroShell models.
Thanks Guys - this is really big time and I think I am just out of
my league but want to see if I have the general ideas before
making any initial  decision costing allot of time, money or both.
Rick USA