Re: MS Access 2000 development

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:18:52 -0400

Hi Anthony,
I don't know how to do this, but perhaps it would help you if you could
figure out how to do some of the following.

* Export database tables to Excel so you can more easily look at their
fields, possibly with sample data.

* When in Access, use Alt+F11 to get into and look at the code associated
with various modules and macros.

* Find a way to dump out the SQL that created the database, tables, and
queries.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "Anthony P
             Schnurr"
             <aschnurr@xxxxxxx                                          To
             >                         programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-
             bounce@freelists.                                     Subject
             org                       MS Access 2000 development

             10/16/2008 12:27
             PM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

        Hello,

I am currently tasked with studying an MS access 2000 Application as part
of a redesign and migration to another platform.
I need to hear from anyone who is a screen reader user and has had success
using JAWS designing, modifying or debugging MS Access macros, modules,
forms and reports.
I have found that for example when viewing a macro in design view mode; I
am not able to read anything on the screen.  I am currently using the
latest JAWS 9 and the latest beta of JAWS 10.
I have tried Googling, without success, to find any information on the
screen reader accessibility of MS Access 2000 or 2007 from a developer's
standpoint.  Am I wasting my time trying to access these design views and
properties?
Sorry, I will not be able to send anyone the database since it is
proprietary.

Regards.

Tony