Re: I have a problem using python 2.5 from the command prompt

  • From: james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 14:21:44 -0400

Hi Rob,
From  your email, it looks like you are at the Python interpreter prompt.
If that's the case, try executing your script from the console prompt. It
looks like Python is set up OK from what I see in your email. You could
also go to the command prompt and type the word path followed by Enter to
see if the directory where your python.exe file lives is part of the path.

Thanks.

Jim

James D Homme, Usability Engineering, Highmark Inc.,
james.homme@xxxxxxxxxxxx, 412-544-1810

"The difference between those who get what they wish for and those who
don't is action. Therefore, every action you take is a complete
success,regardless of the results." -- Jerrold Mundis
Highmark internal only: For usability and accessibility:
http://highwire.highmark.com/sites/iwov/hwt093/

             "ridge007@comcast
             .net"
             <Ridge007@comcast                                          To
             .net>                     programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
             programmingblind-
             bounce@freelists.                                     Subject
             org                       I have a problem using python 2.5
                                       from the command prompt

             10/16/2008 08:56
             AM

             Please respond to
             programmingblind@
               freelists.org

Hi everyone,
I'm using python2.5 from the command prompt. When I attemp to execute a
script I'm getting the result below. I'm assuming the interpreter isn't in
the search path. If that is the problem:
How do I set the environment variable?
below are the results of my two attempts to run a file:
>>> py_fruit.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
NameError: name 'py_fruit' is not defined
>>> python py_fruit.py
File "<stdin>", line 1
python py_fruit.py
^