Re: I have a problem using python 2.5 from the command prompt

  • From: "ridge007@xxxxxxxxxxx" <Ridge007@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 16:43:27 -0400

First I like to thank all of you that responded to my question.
I went to the command prompt and type in "path" and found that python isn't
in the system path. I like to ask a few question before I add python in the
environment variable.
I went to the advance tab in the system menu.
Next I chose, "New" in the dialogue.
my questions are; what do I put in the, "name" and "value" fields?
should I type, "python" in the name field? and
for the "value" field, should I type,
;c:\python25;c:\python25\lib;c:\python25\scripts?
I believe the information above is what I should enter but, I want to be
cautious
Thanks, Rob!