MS Access 2000 development

  • From: Anthony P Schnurr <aschnurr@xxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2008 12:27:05 -0400

        Hello,

I am currently tasked with studying an MS access 2000 Application as part
of a redesign and migration to another platform.
I need to hear from anyone who is a screen reader user and has had success
using JAWS designing, modifying or debugging MS Access macros, modules,
forms and reports.
I have found that for example when viewing a macro in design view mode; I
am not able to read anything on the screen.  I am currently using the
latest JAWS 9 and the latest beta of JAWS 10.
I have tried Googling, without success, to find any information on the
screen reader accessibility of MS Access 2000 or 2007 from a developer's
standpoint.  Am I wasting my time trying to access these design views and
properties?
Sorry, I will not be able to send anyone the database since it is
proprietary.

Regards.

Tony