Re: Looking for a job

  • From: "Dorene Cornwell" <dorenefc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:38:32 -0700

Hi Eric

I personally do not think looking for a job is ever off-topic, but I am not
sure exactly what you want to ask the list about.

Maybe a few things to think about:

--What kind of experience do you have? Campus jobs, internships?

--Which parts of your academic program were most enjoyable?

--Which parts of your program and work experience do you think are most
marketable? Why not run that by the list and ask people to comment?

--What kind of organization do you see yourself working in? Consulting firm?
non-profit? Software company? Government?

--What other points are you considering when targeting your job search?

I can understand the "I want to get out of..." reflex. It's healthy, but
since you also presumably want to be able to eat. live indoors,and enjoy the
many advantages of city life, start with a more conventional job search
queries. There is a wealth of experined on this list and it is also a good
networking resource but I can respond better to specfic job search related
queries.

Ask away.

Dorene Cornwell
Seattle WA