Re: Looking for a job

  • From: "Eric Brinkman" <eric.brinkman1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 18:36:41 -0400

Hi Dorene,

I'll send you my resume after I revise it.  I've spent most of my
college career doing programming, but I began to tire of that and get
frustrated with trying to code last year.  That's why I decided to
minor in Information Systems.  I am not sure if coding is really what
I am cut out to do, although I've heard that's where most people in
this field start out.

I've been working on a project as a business annallist this summer,
sorta bridging the gap between the "geeks" and the average user if you
know what I mean.  I hope I didn't seem in any way offensive by using
that term.  There are certain things that a programmer might assume is
common knowledge, but would be baffling to the average user, if you
know what I mean.  I do wish I'd decided to branch out and do an IS
minor sooner.  Last summer, I did an internship in Maryland.  It was
good to live in a different area for a while, but the work I was given
was very basic low-level stuff.

I'm not exactly sure what I want to do to be honest.  Working for a
company like IBM would be great, but there are of course many other
options.  I sorta feel like there's so much out there that it's hard
to know what I really want to do.  I am aware that this probably does
not sound very good coming from someone who is going to be a senior.
I'll think more about this and post more thoughts as I think of them.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Eric