Re: JavaScript or Asp, Set Focus to Table or Heading or Label Or something?

  • From: "Richard Thomas" <rthomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 14:48:18 -0400

Hi Arnold:
I haven't tried moving the ValidationSummary control around.  I used it so I
could get the PopUp box and then hid the Summary control itself.
The Validation Control sets focus to the Error TextBox so if there is an error
I get the PopUp message, hit ok and am placed in the offending TextBox.
If you want the complete list of errors in the Summary Control I should imagine
you could move it around.  You may have to templatize it if you can do that.
If you are not sure about how to do that I'll take a look see.
I just found messing with the SummaryControl a pain going back and forth
between it and the various TextBoxes that may have had errors so just made it
invisible.
Rick Farmington Mich. USA
With focus set to the Validation Error Control