Re: Is there a way you can run a site off of your PC?

  • From: "Jerry Richer" <jerry@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 12:08:52 -0400

     I used to use Xitami on my PC to serve FTP and Web pages.  There is a free
version and a pay for version available from www.xitami.com.
     It is or was at least configurable through a web interface or by editing
text files.
     You should probably check with your ISP as to their policy regarding
customers running servers.  They may not like you doing that.

               Jerry

Chirp|Chirp|Chirp: It's the Bat, Chirping Bat .Com
! Edirol R-09: high quality portable stereo Secure Digital Audio recorder with
USB, $359.00, includes delivery within the USA, add $35.00 outside,
www.chirpingbat.com/edirol.shtml
! DEC-TALK USB: $650.00, includes delivery within the USA, add $35 outside,
www.chirpingbat.com/dectalkusb.shtml
! J-Say 4.0 without Naturally Speaking: $650.00, www.chirpingbat.com/j-say.shtml
! Window Eyes 6.0: $895, includes delivery in the USA,
www.ChirpingBat.Com/windoweyes.shtml
! Triple Talk: USB $450, PCI $350, includes delivery within the USA, add $35
outside, www.ChirpingBat.Com/tripletalk.shtml
! Sound Forge 9.0 with CD Architect 5.2 and Noise Reduction 2.0: $250, includes
delivery within the USA, add $35 outside, www.ChirpingBat.Com/soundforge.shtml
! We accept PayPal All Major Credit Cards, money orders, checks, wire
transfers, etc.
We ship Internationally.  Click to convert our prices into your currency at:
www.xe.com/ucc/full.shtml

Reach BA Software in the United States at:
Phone: 1-518-572-6092 weekdays, 1-518-359-8538 other, Email:
Bat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Skype name adirondackbat, WWW: www.ChirpingBat.Com