Re: Is there a way you can run a site off of your PC?

  • From: "Darragh Ó Héiligh" <lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Sep 2007 09:28:40 +0100

try php4all.  If I'm remembering the name right, it installs apache,
mysql and php and makes them all play together nicely.  It's what I
use here internally for testing.

If your using asp or asp.net then I'd suggest IIS.  As already
reported here, you'll get it on xp pro or some versions of vista.
Getting it working on home is a bit dodgy as it involves making XP
behave differently and it has broken a few installations on me in the
past.

Your main concern when you do this is security.  Firewalls and
antivirus applications are absolutely vital.