Re: Information Request for Web design web site Creation Costs

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 08:27:57 +0300

It depends what kind of information you want to sell.
If you want to make a site that presents pictures, sound and video, 20 MB for each account might not be enough.

If you want to calculate the cost, you need to estimate how much time will need the web designers and web programmers to work in order to finish that site, then see how much you need to pay for their salaries, then calculate other possible administrative and maintnance costs, plus the costs needed to host your own servers.

If you want to have a big site like those you told about, it might involve tens of servers that do load balancing and maybe servers for hosting a database.

I suggest to not start thinking that the site will have so many visitors from the beginning because it wioll cost too much.

If you do really think that the site will be a success, then find a web hosting provider that offers you your own virtual server and in that case you will be able to do everything you want on it.

The technology is not so important at this step. Start first finding the programmers/web designers you want to work with, and see what they know the best. If they know better PHP, go with PHP. If they know better Perl or Ruby, or Python, go with those. It doesn't matter so much as long as you don't want to be involved in the technical part anyway.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Matthew2007" <matthew2007@xxxxxxxxxxx>