Re: Fruitbasket and Server-Side Perl (Was: FruitBasket Criteria Down)

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 13:54:25 +0300

Yes I could use SQLite, but maybe some users will upload it to a Unix server using FTP, and they won't be able to install easy DBD::SQLite on that server.

I don't think I make the perl code look like the code made in other languages, because I don't know too many languages. For example, I don't know C at all.

I know just a little Java and C#, but I don't like their style of coding because it involves too much code for doing very few things.

However, there ar more ways to do it in perl, so I use all kind of styles.

Something I write:

foreach(@array) {
function($_);
}

but sometimes I write:

function($_) foreach @array;

I use to use not the most appropriate method always, but the one that comes to my mind earlier.

I think it is not very important if I use a method or another, and the speed difference between using for or foreach is practically 0.

Sometimes it is more clear if I use a block style but sometimes if too many blocks are involved, it is more clear to write some of them as a single line like in the example above and like in your second example.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Veli-Pekka Tätilä" <vtatila@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>