Re: Fruitbasket Criteria Down, More Langs and Libs

  • From: "Octavian Rasnita" <orasnita@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:49:28 +0300

Hi,

Ok, I've sent you to your personal address a rar file with 4 files; 2 are 2 versions of the FruitBasket CGI version made in perl, one is a version that manually prints the HTML code that need to be created, and one prints the same thing, but uses the CGI module functions.

The other 2 files, in the "commented" dir, are the same files, but commented. Please add them all 4 in the same archive.

Well, now I think I will also add a fifth file that describes them a a little.

The perl code would have been very simple, but the hardest part was to store the list of all the fruits in a hidden field, then to restore them after the form is submitted, because I didn't want to store them on the server. It would have been much more simple if I'd put the program store them on the server as most of the server side programs need to do anyway, but the problem is that the target directory must have had the necessary permissions, or if I would have wanted to store them in a database I would have needed to specify the database connection, and the program wouldn't be able to run out of the box.

Octavian

----- Original Message ----- From: "inthaneelf" <inthaneelf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>