Re: C # and visual studio

  • From: "RicksPlace" <ofbgmail@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Oct 2009 05:47:01 -0400

Hi Celia:
That is the Output Window that holds the Error Window stuff. You can never get
rid of it totally from my experience but you can reduce it's impact on your
work by doing a few things.
The options you want to play with are in the Options TreeView for the IDE.
You get there from the Menu Bar:
Tools>Options: Hit enter:
The Options TreeView comes up and you can up or down cursor tto get on a
tabbable item then,
Tab and make sure Show All Settings checkbox is checked.
Tab back to the list of Tabbed Items and,
Under TextEditor:
Under VB specific:
Tab and uncheck auto insert of end constructs, pretty listing, enable auto
error correction Suggestions.
Then tab and click OK or continue to set the options for CSharp,
Under the CSharp:
Under Advanced:
Underline Errors In the Editor, show live symantic errors, perhaps the others.
Also,
Under Intellisense:
Set the appropriate options for how you want it to work.
When done you tab and hit ok on any Tabbed item and all the changes will be
applied. You also should have made other changes to the IDE to make it more
Screen Reader friendly and set each and every window you encounter to a Tabbed
Document if you use that approach.
It has been a long time since I played with the IDE settings, I have them set
the way I like them using Windoweyes and I did not set the CSharp options since
I do not use CSharp anymore.
You should do the following:
Make a change to one or two of the settings at a time. Record the change in a
text document so you can note what it does as you continue working and, or set
everything back if you want to later.
Keep results of each change in the text document for a reference as to what
each setting did when changed.
Send me the text document when done so I can add the results to my docs for
other users downline.
I do not think you will ever totally get rid of the Output Window but you
should be able to work-around it pretty well. I think there are some other
settings that might help but these are the ones I remember by taking a quick
peek at my settings in Visual Web Developer.
Rick USA