Re: Anyone using Dark Basic for game programming?

  • From: "black ares" <matematicianu2003@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 07:01:38 +0200

I don't like that all resources are build in a .exe file.
This mean that additions, removing or other operations on top of resources mean
also recompiling the application. In therms of costs this is very bad.
Also if you want make 2 games, but the two games uses same functionality up to
an point, let say the registry access part for serialise data,
you will end up with two big, fat, .exe files which contains same thing up to a
point.
so, with all problems, I like the dll/library aproach so for me that language
brings no value.
More over it brings more costs.