Re: Accessible mysql windows clients

  • From: "Ishe Chinyoka" <chinyoka.consultant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: programmingblind@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 09:10:38 +0200

Hi
I would like to agree that PHPMyAdmin is a great tool as it provides a
user-friendly web client. If you can, you can also use it with
Microsoft IIS if you do not have the Apache server. IIS itself is
great when it comes to accessibility as you would not need to play
around with the conf files as Apache.

However, if you cannot stand the time it takes to install a server
only to access your MySQL Server, you can use a Windows graphical
client for Mysql. I often use it with great success: it is the MySql
Administrator which can be downloaded here:
http://mirrors.24-7-solutions.net/pub/mysql/Downloads/MySQLGUITools/mysql-gui-tools-5.0-r12-win32.msi
and is only 1781 KB so it shouldn't take long to download.

The advantage of the Administrator is that it has got all those
familiar Windows Controls like buttons, menus, and lots more which you
can use to issue commands. You do not need to know a lot about the SQL
syntax as this would happen in the background. I often use it to issue
queries on my books and music databases without any problem.

Thanks,

On 8/1/08, Jim <jhomme1028@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
> If you can figure out how to install it, PHPMyAdmin is totally web-based and
> accessible. You'd have to use Apache with it I would think.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Jim

Ishe Chinyoka
Learn Everything you ever wantede to know about access technology:
http://www.chinyoka.com
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little
temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin