[program-l] Re: jetBrains pyCharm IDE community edition offers screenreader accessibility mode

  • From: jacob kruger <jacob.kruger.work@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2022 08:39:44 +0200

And, another quick google search brought up the following form of a wiki page about this:

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/accessibility.html

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

On 2022-01-12 08:34 AM, jacob kruger wrote:

Ok, for whatever reason, decided to give this python-specific IDE another look, and, although never really felt comfortable trying to use their products in the past, and, while never really considered paying for any of the pro products, when I fired up the pyCharm community edition for the first time, it asked me if I wanted to enable screenreader accessibility mode, so, just thought would mention this here on this list.

The installer downloaded was pycharm-community-2021.3.1.exe, and, pulled it off the following page - you need to make sure you download the community edition, and, not the free trial of the pro version:

https://www.jetbrains.com/pycharm/download/#section=windows

Anyway, haven't given it too much of a go/run as of yet, but, if it tries to specifically offer screenreader compatibility, will definitely see what it has to offer - hence sharing it here, in case of interest to others.

Jacob Kruger
+2782 413 4791
"Resistance is futile...but, acceptance is versatile..."

** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** program-l-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq