[program-l] SQL Integration Services and accesibility

  • From: "Jeff Durham" <jmrdurham@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Apr 2015 15:42:58 -0700

Good afternoon,

I am attempting to start learning Microsoft SQL Server Integration Services
(SSIS) with the SQL Data Tools for Visual Studio 2013user interface. The
problem I have run into is with creating precedence constraints, which
determine which task will execute next depending on whether the previous
task ran successfully or returned an error, kind of like how a flow chart
works. The training materials I have come across show how to create
precedence constraints by dragging the green arrow pointing down from task
A, say, to either Task B or C or any other task which is to run depending on
the status of Task A. Jaws does not seem to recognize these arrows and I
have not seen how this can be accomplished with keyboard shortcuts. I know
you can create paths between data flow components by using the add path
dialog box in the data flow designer, but I have not seen such a dialog box
for creating precedence constraints in the control flow designer. Has anyone
created SSIS packages using Visual Studio 2013, or know whether Jaws
scripts have been developed for using the SSIS designer? This is very
different than the design surface for creating winforms or webforms
applications, so even if there are Jaws scripts for Visual studio 2013 that
work in the webforms or winforms designers, they will not work in the SSIS
package designer.

This would really help.

Thank you,

Jeff