[program-l] Re: SQL Integration Services and accesibility

  • From: "Bill Dennis" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "billiam904@xxxxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 00:33:21 -0400

Business Intelligence (BI) is a very good area to be in right now. 5 years ago
when I first began doing SSIS, not very many companies were hiring.

In 2012, I had several bad interviews, even a few where the employers were rude
and obnoxious to me (Florida Virtual School).

In the past month, I have had four very good interviews. I was candidate #2 at
Sea World and I didn’t get the job because I’m not currently in Big Data while
the other candidate was.

The companies I’ve interviewed with seem to be desperate for SSIS and SSRS
Developers.

I accepted a position last week with a company that is paying very well and
will allow me to do my work from home.

So, my advice is for you to work out the accessibility issues and learn this
technology as it is very promising.

Bill Dennis