[program-l] Re: Reordering fields in SQL 2000

  • From: "David Lant" <david.lant1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 10:48:12 +0100

Hi George,

Well, I must say I've never tried reordering SQL Server table columns using
Access.  I know you can do it using Access for Jet databases, i.e. mdb
files.  Might be worth giving it a try, if the questioner actually happens
to have a copy of Access that is.

The problem is that as far as I can see, Enterprise Manager hasn't been
updated for quite a few years.  It hasn't changed since SQL Server 7, and
appears not to have had new UI features added, even for the latest versions
of SQL Server 2000.  But, as was mentioned, it may be that SQL Server 2005
will include a completely re-written set of client tools.  The MMC snap-in
ones for earlier versions are somewhat antique now.

All the best,

David