[program-l] Re: IBM Lotus Symphony Far Better Than Open/Libre Office

  • From: Soronel Haetir <soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: program-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2012 06:23:15 -0800

With the latest editions of the JRE separate installation of te JAB is
no longer necessary, at least on win7 (I'm not sure about vista or xp)

Instead go to the Ease of Access center (win+u by default) bring up
the"Use the computer without a display link" and on that window is a
checkbox to enable the JAB.  I'm not sure if that setting remains in
effect across java upgrades but regardless it is far easier than the
old manual JAB install.

Also, even if the above doesn't work, Jamal Mazrui has put out a
program that makes installing the JAB way easier than the manual file
copy: http://empowermentzone.com/JWin.htm

Soronel Haetir
soronel.haetir@xxxxxxxxx