[Precisionix-General] Re: Start building distro

  • From: Taras Kostiak <taraskostiak@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: precisionix-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 21:01:53 +0300

Prolly woods can help since he packaged freeciv for debian.(or that was
not him?)
We need some debian packaging experts now... :(
i686 is a pentium pro or better, I vote for i686.
On Wed, 2008-08-20 at 17:52 -0700, daaawg wrote:
I think this is one of the reasons you start with a mission plan. If
the mission is to support older hardware as well as newer, then
architecture support realistically includes everything from 486
upwards. If middle of the road, 586+; cutting edge then 686 with
emphasis on dual core optimization and of course 64 bit. However, we
must keep in mind that we'll need the hardware to compile and test,
not to mention personnel!
I don't see much use in supporting anything older than 586.
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 4:02 PM, Andrew Sorensen <aos@xxxxxxx> wrote:
        Do we have any plans about archs we will support?
        i386 i486 i586 or i686 (x64 will be there also)
        but for 32bits will be use?
        i386 i486 i586 or i686? (google them if u dont know what is
        what)

--
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many',
and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.