[Precisionix-General] Re: Start building distro

  • From: daaawg <cdaaawg@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: precisionix-general@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2008 17:52:07 -0700

I think this is one of the reasons you start with a mission plan. If the
mission is to support older hardware as well as newer, then architecture
support realistically includes everything from 486 upwards. If middle of the
road, 586+; cutting edge then 686 with emphasis on dual core optimization
and of course 64 bit. However, we must keep in mind that we'll need the
hardware to compile and test, not to mention personnel!
I don't see much use in supporting anything older than 586.

--
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the
word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.