[ppug] Re: Lay Systems

  • From: "RaceStats" <racestats@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ppug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 21:40:53 +1000

Stebbo,

Perhaps give this a shot, look at IAS fixed odds and then look at Betfair, if
you're happy about the overs you can get then have a go.
The other thing is don't just throw a price out and hope it gets met, unless
you're within a few cents, you'll miss out.
If you find that you can't get good prices on Betfair, watch the market move on
the tab, as soon as it starts firming on the TAB, jump on the price at Betfair,
although you've got to be quick to do it this way.

I don't want to come across as a know it all, because I'm still learning as
well, just trying to help with what works for me.
I've missed very good prices often, but as long as I see where I went wrong, I
can be confident that I can at least raise the strike rate of getting better
prices.

Often I'll split my bets into segments if I'm worried about the fluctuations
going against me.

E.G. $20 @ $3.50 $20 @ $3.60 $20 @ $3.75, if all three get matched, then I
usually am happy at the overlay.
Don't worry at the horse blowing out too far, often these plunges on other
horses go askew rather than actually win.

I have to live with the fact that I'll rarely get the best price, but at least
I can go close.

Regards,
Lindsay.