[ppug] Re: Lay Systems

  • From: "RaceStats" <racestats@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ppug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 19:09:09 +1000

Stebbo,

What's the average win dividend or even closing price for losers?
As you say there are some huge overlays on the donkeys which make them a
betting proposition.
The best scenario would be to find a massive losing system on horses under 5/1.
For example today in the first at Victoria Park, Skandia was $1.70 on the tote,
but I got a massive $2.66 & $2.70 on Betfair, that's nearly 60% improvement and
it's really not that uncommon.
This is why I'm into laying favourites only, because the payout on others is so
destroying.
The only time I back them is when I see huge overs like this.

Regards,
Lindsay.