[ppug] Re: Lay Systems

  • From: "Daniel Nettle" <dannettle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ppug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2004 18:24:22 +0800

On the lower prices it probably would equate to that.  But anything over around
the 6/1 mark you can expect to lay at 15-30% over the TAB odds. Sometimes you
get lucky on the 10/1's and can lay at around the same price. But generally,
the lower the odds, the lower the percentage you have to offer over the TAB
prices.

I reckon there's two ways to build a profitable laying system.
Method 1: focus on horses likely to be overbet by the general public, ie.
placed last start, barrier 1-8, last start 7 days ago.
Mehtod 2:  Find a horse that has little chance of winning but for some reason
is a low price.  This is mainly what I've tried to do using price's ratings,eg.
rated 6+ max sp 6.0
This is the area I'm weak on because I have very little knowledge of reading a
horse's form and assessing it's chances.

Dan