[pov] Re: Turning printer power on or off?

  • From: "Harvey Bergman" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "planetberg" for DMARC)
  • To: "pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2015 07:31:05 -0700

I recently was reminded that one should turn printers off, because they do a
minny clean upon start up, without using a lot of ink. On the other hand, I've
done it both ways for many years. It's only now with old machines, that clogs
are happening. That said, my Epson 2200 still is trouble free. Go figure!
Harvey.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 6, 2015, at 7:11 PM, Ed Holmes <edwinholmes_6@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I just got a P600 ‘cause several years of storage left my 2880 unavailable in
the VM port. I’ll stay tuned for notices on how frequently one needs to print
to keep ‘the juice flowing’”
On Oct 6, 2015, at 3:36 PM, John Sage <jsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/06/2015 01:44 PM, James Culbertson wrote:
We just purchased an Epson SureColor P800 for the high school digilab, and
I am curious what others do with regards to turning power on and off each
night, over the weekend, or over longer periods of non-use.

Does turning the power on and off have any effect on print head longevity?

I have an Epson R2880 and I turn the power off when I'm not using it.

On rare occasions this can be on-off-on-off in one day, but rarely.

I've seen no problems with print head clogging, which supposedly (in the
olden days) was one reason to never turn a color printer off -- 'keep the
ink in the jets warm and soft' or something like that.

These days I think most color printers have print head parking pretty much
nailed.

Personally, unless you're using it a lot every day, I'd turn it off until
you actually need it. Mine seems to take no time whatsoever to be
print-ready after having been off for days...

- John
--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography

pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All replies default to the entire POV list.

To reply to the specific sender, make sure the sender's email address is the
only one in the To: field of your email application.