[pov] Re: Turning printer power on or off?

  • From: John Sage <jsage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Oct 2015 15:36:41 -0700

On 10/06/2015 01:44 PM, James Culbertson wrote:

We just purchased an Epson SureColor P800 for the high school digilab, and I am
curious what others do with regards to turning power on and off each night,
over the weekend, or over longer periods of non-use.

Does turning the power on and off have any effect on print head longevity?

I have an Epson R2880 and I turn the power off when I'm not using it.

On rare occasions this can be on-off-on-off in one day, but rarely.

I've seen no problems with print head clogging, which supposedly (in the olden days) was one reason to never turn a color printer off -- 'keep the ink in the jets warm and soft' or something like that.

These days I think most color printers have print head parking pretty much nailed.

Personally, unless you're using it a lot every day, I'd turn it off until you actually need it. Mine seems to take no time whatsoever to be print-ready after having been off for days...

- John
--
John Sage
FinchHaven Digital Photography

pov@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

All replies default to the entire POV list.

To reply to the specific sender, make sure the sender's email address is the only one in the To: field of your email application.