[phoenixdiy] Re: Segway competitor?

  • From: Mark Rehorst <rehorstmark@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2009 02:24:07 -0400

 Thanks!? The minute I saw those bowls at Ikea I decided to make the machine.?
That was abut 1 1/2 years ago.? I got part way through then had to move, then
school, etc. got in the way.? I feel like a great weight has been lifted from
me.? Maybe it's high voltage levitation or maybe just breathing too much
ozone!?

I hold the two bowls together with duct tape.? The seam is where the most
corona discharge occurs so the duct tape helps squelch that a bit and really
brings the maximum voltage up.? I was originally going to use copper or
aluminum tape but the tape would have a sharp edge that would cause a lot of
leakage.

?
Find me on MySpace and be my friend!