[phoenixdiy] Re: Segway competitor?

  • From: Matt Mets <matt.mets@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <phoenixdiy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:00:24 -0400

Ooo, neat project Mark!  I'd love to try photographing it...

A meeting does sound like a good idea; I think Lawrence has a project that he
was interesting in talking about as well, and if i get myself in gear I should
have a super secret project or two to present as well.  Anyone else have
something they can present on, or a topic that they would like to see covered?

Also, Linda was interested in a small business skill share/swap day, does
anyone else have an interest in that?

Cheers,
Matt

 Looks like it wouldn't be too hard to duplicate- use a wii-fit board for the
control input - it already has pressure sensors (?) built-in.  I think standing
sideways on it is much better than the segway's forward facing position that
seems to be intended to guarantee a face plant in the event of a failure of a
big bump.

Is there going to be a meeting any time soon?  I just finished a project...
see it here:
http://mark.rehorst.com/Van_de_Graaff/index.html

 See Your Credit Report in Seconds!  Easy to Read and Viewable Online.