[pedevel] Re: BEOS:FILE_TYPES

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 21:18:09 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Rainer Riedl wrote:

As a prime example of where proper layouting support is needed, I'd like to
point you to the find dialog, which esp. in combination with multi-line
find could do with a resize knob...

- should we handcode font-sensitive GUIs in Pe?

I would prefer that one

- should we go with the resources?

Perhaps this is not the question. Perhaps both can be combined with just removing absolute coordinates there and replacing them with something else.

I really hate GUI programming without layout management, so I'd vote for using a layout library. The only one I've ever used under BeOS is liblayout, which isn't really great, but definitely better than nothing.

CU, Ingo