[pedevel] Re: BEOS:FILE_TYPES

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <bonefish@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pedevel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 May 2005 18:45:25 +0200 (MEST)

On Sun, 15 May 2005, Rainer Riedl wrote:

What was the reason that speaks against using the rdef format for the
application resources?

I wanted to avoid having two different resource formats. As we already use rez and I think rc isn't capable of doing things rez does.

Don't know if that is true, but I thought the rez stuff is actually a relict of Pe's Mac heritage, and it would make sense to migrate to Be resources earlier or later anyway. Admittedly the rez language looks more flexible though.

Also beres/rc doesn't seem to be installed by default on BeOS machines, so
the included rez makes it easier then to compile pe out of the box.

True enough, but not that important either. OT requires beres, too.

It shouldn't be too difficult to simulate the message thing with rez as soon
as I know how it is build.

Have fun! :-)

CU, Ingo