Re: [PCWorks] nCleaner

  • From: "Harold B." <harold7@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 14:18:59 -0400

----- Original Problem ----- > Using nCleaner, it somehow interferes with
the sending of email from my Outlook Express.

Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 From "Harold B.":
>> I'm using Outlook Express 6 which does not have a "Server" tab.

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin"
> Huh?  I use OE6 too and it always has a Server tab.  Are you sure you
> looked where I said to look?

> Date: Fri, 04 Jul 2008 From: Hugh Vandervoort
> Under Tools/Accounts, Open the properties page for your account and you'll
> see the server tab.

>> Date: Thu, 03 Jul 2008 From "Harold B."
>> However I'll record the information in the Accounts window in whatever
>> tabs exist there and see what changes take place (if any) after using
>> nCleaner. Of course, that doesn't solve anything even if I see some
>> change. My question is what changes I might have to make in the nCleaner
>> configuration so that any changes in the Accounts window (if any) will
>> not take place when using nCleaner. The idea just occurred to me that I
>> might contact whatever email address is on the nCleaner page, describe
>> this problem to them, and see what they say. ... --- Harold

> Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2008 From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin"
> That would solve the problem to an extent because (if you saw any
> differences) you'd know what to change back after running it. But as to
> how to **change** the config of nCleaner, then yes, you'd have to ask that
> of someone that used it, or ask the vendor if that area is not
> user-changeable. -Clint

RESONSE: You are right, Clint, there has to be a Servers tab (re. the "huh"
I should have looked a little further). Following Hugh's lead, I opened
Properties and there it was, "Servers". Although I might contact nCleaner if
only out of curiosity, it is now a moot point, unless it happens again ... I
downloaded Thunderbird right after Hugh said I should get into the 21st
Century. In technology, life was much simpler in the 20th Century. I
remember when the grocer in that mom & pop store added up all your purchases
in a long two column line on a brown paper bag, two columns because no one
item then cost over 99 cents (and he added as fast as today's computer). But
for practical purposes, I suppose the 21st is more efficient. --- Harold