Re: [PCWorks] What's The Big Hurry (Rant)?

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 14:00:30 -0400

I too have not used IE in quite a while. And do not see the need to use IE9.

What I have noticed in the recent time is that more and more servers
have been timed for broadband users only. Timeouts are happening more
and more on dial-up than ever before. But these changes are subtle, with
most resolutions being to disable the firewall, anti-phishing, anti
virus, etc. just to make a clean enough connection between a dial-up
modem and a web server.

One day there may be universal broadband coverage, it might even
coincide with universal acceptance of web standards and flying cars too ;)

Peter Kaulback