Re: [PCWorks] Thunderbird

  • From: Peter Kaulback <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Jul 2008 01:01:12 -0400

Vern, OE should be connecting to windows live hotmail for some time as I
believe MS had this to say about it:
<!snip>
Dear Microsoft Outlook Express customer,

You may have received an e-mail from us letting you know that Microsoft
is planning to retire the DAV protocol that Outlook Express uses to
access Windows Live Hotmail. In response to customer feedback requesting
more time to evaluate alternative solutions, we have decided to postpone
retiring DAV and we are investigating other alternatives for accessing
Windows Live Hotmail via Outlook Express. This means that if you use
Outlook Express to access your Windows Live Hotmail account, you will
continue to be able to do so beyond the previously announced June 30
transition deadline. We will be sure to update you once we have
additional plans to share and early enough in advance to help ensure a
smooth transition in the future.

Additionally, Outlook Express customers that use Windows Vista or
Windows XP are always welcome to download and use our next generation
free email client, Windows Live Mail, providing the familiarity of
Outlook Express and much more. You can download the new client at
»get.live.com/wlmail/overview.

We appreciate your feedback, and encourage you to continue to provide it.

Sincerely,

Windows Live Mail Team
<!endsnip>

But if you do want to use Tbird to do it you should see this page
http://email.about.com/od/mozillathunderbirdtips/qt/et_free_hotmail.htm

HTH

Peter Kaulback