Re: [PCWorks] Thunderbird

  • From: Phill Argus <phillarg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2008 16:44:46 +1000

Harold B. wrote:
> Phil, that was a clever diagnosis. The narrow bar was on the bottom of the
> window, something I never would have found without your lead. Maybe you know
> this one ... where is the Preview button? I mean, what if I don't want the
> email open when accessing Thunderbird. In the OE "Customize Toolbar" window,
> there were approximately 40 choices (including Preview); where are those
> options in Thunderbird? --- Harold
>

>> Harold B. wrote:
>>
>>> Hello all ... In Outlook Express there was a preview button and upon
>>> clicking it, the email would open in that same window. I find that in
>>> Thunderbird, I have to double click the email line and a second window
>>> opens. Is it possible to have the content open in the same window, in
>>> that lower panel as I had it open in OE? I might also ask if there is
>>> some advantage in having the content of the email open in a second
>>> window? --- Harold
>>>

>> From: Phill Argus <phillarg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Morning Harold
>>
>>> Well it is over here in glorious Aus anyway. Thunderbird has, by
>>> default, three panes visible apart from the Title,Menu & Tool bars at
>>> the top of the window.  Perhaps the read pane has suffered the same fate
>>> as I seem to remember your folder pane did - if there is a narrow grey
>>> bar above the address bar at the bottom of the window, try clicking and
>>> dragging upwards on it.-- Phill

Sorry Harold - never having used Outlook I don't know exactly what the
"Preview" does.  I can't think of any setting or command which might be
the equivalent.  Maybe you shold try some of the Mozilla sites - there
are quite a few and they are very good at solving most of these
"equivalent" questions.