Re: [PCWorks] Thunderbird

  • From: "Vern" <r60slash5@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2008 21:02:58 -0700

> I don't have any personal experience with Hotmail - however have a look
> at this
>
> http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firebird_:_FAQs_:_Hotmail_Yahoo
>
> It looks to me like there may be an extension which would help.
>
> Phill

Ok, thanks Phill,

if they stop the use of OE I may try Thunderbird. I certainly dislike
LiveMail. I downloaded it before I received the notice that they were going
to continue using OE. But now whenever I open an attachment it starts
LiveMail to read the attachment. I haven't been able to find where it tells
it to use that program. It also made a mess importing my address book.

Does Thunderbird have the ability to use more than one address  book? I have
one for a business and one personal. LiveMail brought them both over and
merged the two. Now I have 600 business email addresses and 100 personal
e-mail addresses interspersed.

The best work around I'm told is to have two LiveMail accounts and keep
business in one and personal in the other. In OE there is a drop down and I
can select the address book I want to use. Simple. Only MS can mess
something up and call it progress. <G>

Vern