Re: [PCWorks] Noisy computer

  • From: "Clint Hamilton-PCWorks Admin" <PCWorks@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2008 07:53:53 -0600

If at that second link that's an image of your PC under the
"Step 2" area, you can plainly see the CPU fan outlined in red
almost in the center.

That's kind of dumb for them to say: "Also, I recommend you not
to remove the fans from the PC, but use battery operated vacuum
cleaner to clean them instead".  Because if a fan is bad it's
going to HAVE to be replaced.

You really NEED TO CHECK that CPU fan, and do what I said about
looking at the fan monitoring area in the BIOS.  You're going
to be in a bad fix when the CPU dies from overheating.
Apparently it's intermittent if you don't hear any noises or
beeps now, so it could totally fail at any moment.  But there's
also the outside chance there was something like a bug or
massive piece of dust that was clogging the fan, making noise,
making it slow down a lot and overheat.......if you're lucky.
Checking this out would reduce the gamble.
-Clint

God Bless
Clint Hamilton, Owner
http://www.OrpheusComputing.com