Re: [PCWorks] Noisy computer

  • From: Hugh Vandervoort <hughv2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcworks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 04:36:59 -0400

What's the make and model?
Getting to the fan is probably easy, and you have to do it or the
problem will be back soon.
If there's a fan shroud (Cover) you may be able to just stick the nozzle
from a can of air under it and blow out most of the dust.
I took some pics of a similar situation with a Dell a few years ago, and
posted it on my blog:
http://hughva.blogspot.com/2006/08/dust-is-enemy.html