-=PCTechTalk=- Re: system restore problem - help!

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 20:12:59 -0400

Okay do I have permission to toss this computer off a bridge grrrrrrr!!!
First, I followed the suggestion of typing in controluserpassword2 - the box
was checked saying password required so I unchecked that - then since I had
downloaded a windows update, I rebooted (so it would stop reminding me to do
so!)  First thing that happened was a window popped up saying 'unable to log
you on because of account restriction' - when I clicked okay, then my user
i.d. came up and it continued opening Windows.  So went back to the run
command to make sure it was still unchecked and nothing was changed as the
box remained unchecked.  Tried to schedule a task and it said 'jump in the
lake cuz you ain't got permission' - I guess you can tell I'm frustrated.  I
might want to add that I went to the control panel, user accounts and see
there is a check mark against Use the Welcome screen - by using the welcome
screen, you can simply click your account name to log on.  For added
security, you can turn off this feature and use the classic logon prompt
which requires users to type a user account name.  If I uncheck that, will I
still have to 'sign in'?  I also show 2 users accounts - one in my name and
one in guest which it says is turned off.  Should I delete that one?  Also
when I go through the steps to schedule a task, a window pops up telling me
that if I don't put in a password scheduled task might not run and sure
enough I get the error.  Thanks - Dolores