-=PCTechTalk=- Re: system restore problem

  • From: "Robert Andrew Dulaney Jr." <rdulaneyjr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 13:21:34 -0700 (PDT)

  Hello Dolores

  Am I to assume you have administrator rights?
  This version of XP is what SP?
  and more for curiosity sake you have an HP model . . .?

Dolores <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
  I've tried to ignore the problem but now it's bugging me again. I'm running
XP and had to do 3 reformats (don't even ask me why because it was a
nighmare) recently. I am the only one who uses this computer so no other
users with passwords and I don't use a password. Everything worked fine
except the system restore which was part of the reason I had to do the
reformats. When I try to schedule a task I get an error saying that I don't
have permission. When I contact HP via webchat she told me I had to put in
a password for my user name (didn't have one before!) and we walked through
it and it seemed to work. Well it didn't. I had it set to do a system
restore in the middle of the night and when I woke up all I saw was that
system restore was opened but did not perform the task. The password thing
was a royal pain every time I rebooted so took it out since it didn't solve
the problem. I tried googling the error message but the results basically
said I needed to make sure I had 'permission' to set a task. I would think
since it's my computer and only mine I should have permission. I can do a
manual system restore which I try to remember to do every night but that is
a pain in the you know what. Sure would appreciate a solution to this
problem. Thanks. Dolores

Groups are talking. We&acute;re listening. Check out the handy changes to
Yahoo! Groups.