-=PCTechTalk=- Re: system restore problem

  • From: "Dolores" <dshelham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 18:58:16 -0400

sorry - my goal in even starting the format and/or reformat was to get back
my events log (which is pretty important)and system restore ability which
was lost with that incredimail download - going back to Windows didn't solve
either problem - reformatting from the partition didn't do it either and
that is when I first contacted HP - she advised me that I needed to do a
clean reformat from my restore disks which I did - that brought back my
event log but not a functioning restore feature - contacted them again and
that is when they told me I needed to put a password in for user but it
bothered me at the time since I never had one before all the mess started -
I did it anyhow and it allowed me to schedule a task but it did not perform
the task so was useless and I removed the password - I am wondering if
somehow there is a password buried and that is why I'm having problems but
I'm hoping someone can tell me how to check that out - Dolores