-=PCTechTalk=- Re: our cell phones & a bit of OT.

  • From: "D H (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Jul 2005 10:41:46 +1200

Seems that there are many different principles applied to cell phone
contracts in different parts of the world. In NZ we seem to have three
basic types...Prepay, which says what it is, and some companies require
an annual 'top-up' of at least $10 or $20 and one here none. Contracr -
pay a set monthly fee and have 1-200mins free off peak,  and more
extensive contracts negotiated to meet the callers needs, and, needless
to say, the phone company's!!!

Mine costs me $20p.a., but have to top up if funds get used up. Last
Xmas, Vodafone offered a dollar for dollar bonus, so I hopped in with a
lump sum which they doubled!

As a pensioner I have to watch what I/we spend, but the cellphone is
very handy in any sort of emergency.

Off topic, I bought a watch recently that has a ten year battery life -
I'll be 81 next month, so I thought I had better buy a couple of spare
batteries!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Ripley? Believe it or not. LOL

Rick H