-=PCTechTalk=- Re: our cell phones

  • From: "D H (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2005 16:23:02 +1200

I hope, Lyn, that you refer to the 'Do not call' list, and not the idea
of telemarketing at your own expense!

I am on Vodafone prepay, and no calls come in that cost me. Also, all
callers that are on my mobile's phone book appear with caller ID. I
don't normally answer calls from unknown sources.  I am reasonably sure,
though by no means certain, that the 'called number pays' scheme is
non-existent in this country.  It was not a feature on my first mobile
either, which was NZ Telecom network.  I just can't imagine it ever
being allowed in this country, somehow!

There surely must be some advantage, costwise, having a phone that does
provide this 'called phone pays' feature.

Thanks for your input, DSW, that should settle a few minds!

Rick H