-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help with annoying pop up window

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 May 2008 14:47:28 -0400

Cristy,
    Sometimes, it's the simple stuff that gives us the most trouble.
lol

    Unless there's something that I'm not anticipating, that appears to be
what is causing the problem.  When you try to run a single executable file
residing on another system that's part of a network, it will first download
that file to your computer (temp folder) and then run from there.  If the
file you're trying to run depends on any support files, those additional
files are not automatically brought over to your system.  So, when the
original file runs, it looks for the extra files where it expects them to be
(in the case of this particular presentation, it looks in your Temp Internet
Files folder).  If those files are not there, you get the error message.

    Try downloading the entire set to a single folder and then run it.  Most
important is that you do NOT save it to the same place you used to create
it.  If it works, great.  If it doesn't, you will have to recode the
references to those external files using relative path statements.

Peace,
Gman