-=PCTechTalk=- Re: help files on win xp not working

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:23:43 -0800

Hi Christy,
Put the Family Tree Maker CD in the CD drive.
Close the install program if it tries to run.

Go to the desktop and double click on my computer.
Right click on the CD drive and chose Explorer

It should give you the view of all the files on the CD
one of them should be either a ReadMe or Help file.

It may be a Help.html

Mike ~ one of the Moderators
It is a good day if I learned something new.
Editor MikesWhatsNews http://www.mwn.ca/

******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 2/28/2005 at 9:56 PM cristy wrote:

Hi Tori,

That sounds like something to try if they would send me another one now as
my warranty is over probably.  Your help file problem sounded like mine, I
could get one or two stand alone type helps to work but most would not.  I
pulled the hair out of my head trying to figure that one out.  I had just
spent like 100 bucks on this family tree program that I really wanted to
learn and could not use the darn help files, I was upset and tried
everything to find out the problem.  Also the computer was not that old.
The other computer I have also uses a restore disk and they work fine, so
maybe you are right, could be a defective file on that restore disk they
gave me?

christy