-=PCTechTalk=- Re: getting rid of Norton's LONG!

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jun 2005 17:31:44 -0700

Hi Bob,
I'm now using the free Avast4 AV program I have found it very reliable.
Some days I have received 4 updates

I have used Norton System Works on my computer after completely removing=
 all traces of Norton/Symantec products.

The reinstalled just the NSW portion not the AV, both Win 98 and XP=
 computers.

I did not write that article it was posted to the NTBugtaq group last year.

I had to learn the hard way how to remove Norton/Symantec :<(

Mike the mod
******* Mike's  REPLY SEPARATOR *********

On 6/10/2005 at 7:09 PM BashfulBob wrote:

what AV program are you using now?

I have Norton's system works on the 98 system and it is still good. So I
would like to keep it unless it absolutely needs to go to straighten out
the
system.

Life is what happens in between plans.

S N I P

<When replying to messages, please delete all unnecessary
information from previous messages, including; List footers,
Yahoo ad's, Anti-Vius footers, "non text portion etc, for the
benefit of members on dialup and/or digest mode.
Thank you!>